In addition to the design tools for concrete structures, the SOFiSTiK FEM packages offer extensive functionalities for steel design. Starting with the 3D FEM premium package, stability checks can be performed using the equivalent member method and 2nd-order theory (P-Delta) analysis.
The high-end package 3D FEM ultimate includes supplementary tools for buckling and cable analyses. For dynamic analyses of steel constructions, the FEM packages can be combined with additional SOFiSTiK modules. Further modules enable load capacity analyses for plate and shell structures with plastifications.
- Linear, 2nd-order theory (P-Delta) and large displacement analysis
- Library of standard steel profiles with profile family optimization
- Imperfection loads and global imperfections from scaled eigenmodes
- Nonlinear material behavior for metallic materials (elasto-plastic zones for beams and variable work laws for area elements)
- Elastic stress design, section classification, nonlinear interaction and plastification for steel sections according to Eurocode with several national annexes (e.g. NF EN 1993-1-1 and 1993-2, NBN EN 1993-1-1 and 1993-2)
- Steel and composite class 4 sections with automatic determination of effective widths according to EN 1993-1-5
- Buckling Eigenvalues for beams and shell elements (ASE 3)
- Flexural buckling and lateral torsional buckling checks according to Eurocode using the equivalent member method
- Nonlinear hinges for beam ends with individual work laws and M-N interaction (3D FEM premium)
- Warping torsional degree of freedom for beams
Contact us directly:
30 day trial for free with full functionality
In this course, you were introduced to SOFiSTiK FEA.
Now in its 25th year, "Bridges" remains the leading event for highway authority bridge engineers...
Unleashing engineer’s creativity through programming