SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 am 

Hi there,

For a analysis of differential Shrinkage a structure with a composite cross section is modeled. (CS 41: trough, CS 44: top-slab) (beam-element structure). It's built with the free cantilever method (first trough, then top-slab) and on a later point the long term effects are analyzed.

With the help of the CSM it's possible to model the effect of differential shrinkage during the construction stages:

41: trough activated
42: 7 days of shrinking
44: top-sab activated
45: 7 days of Shrinking
51: trough of next section activated
.... and so on

But regarding the Shrinkage and creep in the final state the program calculates with a average thickness of the whole cross section. Since I'm interested in the differential shrinkage I would like to suppress that function and let the program calculate a proper shrinkage strain for the thin top-slab and the thick trough.

- it's not possible to manipulate the material properties for he both cross section parts, like it's recommended in the CSM-maual (2.5.4) since that would falsify my result for the construction stages.
- it's not possible to assign the proper shrinkage strains with the help of groups, since the trough and the top-slabe are part of the same cross section and therefore in the same group.
- it's not possible to split the both cross section parts in two different cross sections, since one can not overlay two structural lines without causing an error.

I would be grateful, if you have some advises or solutions to my problem

best regards