SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 am 

I've created some reinforcement and can get most items to schedule ok by creating a 3D view filtered by SOFIStik member the reo is hosted too and then selecting the reo in that view to create separate schedules for the beams, walls etc. However when I try to schedule the slab I get the attached error message below.

It will let me select and schedule each item in the slab individually, however it appears when you try and schedule the slab which has 182 members, it times out? Do I need to adjust my setting to allow more line items to the schedule?

Note this only happens when exporting to word (docx) I can schedule the whole project using the the Report Browser (plb) attached.

Error message
Elements
System.Exception: RPC method timed out at sofistik.model.cad.Schedule_Client.create(CreateSchedule request) at SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.CreateReinforcementDataBase.export2Docx(HashSet`1 sheets, String datFileName, String template, String export, FormatOptionsCollection formatOptions, Boolean openFile) at SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.CreateReinforcementDataBase.createSchedule(Document rvtDoc, Dictionary`2 rebars, String pathName, RebarParameterData rebarParamData, String selectorGUID, ProjectInfo pInfo, IList`1 familyInstances, String& message, String strRevision) at SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.SteelListCommand.execute(String& message, ElementSet elements, RebarParameterData rebarParamData)A transaction or sub-transaction was opened but not closed. All changes to the active document made by External Command will be discarded.

Attachments:
File comment: Report Browser (plb)
SOFiSTiK Report Browser Reinforcement Schedule.pdf [32.62 KiB]
Downloaded 336 times
File comment: hosted members
2018-01-16_13h21_23.png
2018-01-16_13h21_23.png [ 13.59 KiB | Viewed 8137 times ]
File comment: error msg
2018-01-16_13h19_26.png [62.27 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 am 

I've tested this out abit and I think the schedule is running out of space. We have a number of u_bars to the perimeter of slab at varying heights. The slab has a ridge line and then falls away to the perimeter hence the U-bar at varying heights. I can schedule everything in the slab and one side with varying height U-bars, but as soon as I go to add the other 3 sides it crashes. I've attached schedule FYI.

Attachments:
3655_R18_SOFISTIK.pdf [150.09 KiB]
Downloaded 368 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 am 

Hey Tfrancis,
Thank you for your request. I think you are using Revit 2018, aren't you? Indeed you found a bug. :evil: If variable rebar sets have a comment the Word steel schedule lists every single rebar as an own entry. :idea: For now, please erase the comment and try it again. We will solve this issue in future versions of Reinforcement Detailing.
The errors accures because of this bug. Even when you get this message, please check if the schedule has been exported in your directory.

Is that a acceptable work around for you?

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:15 am 

Thank you, yes the schedule does still export to the correct directory in word format. I didn't check that yesterday. The error string just must appear when it can't automatically open the word file from Revit 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 am 

Your welcome. Feel free to contact us again if you have further questions. :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de