SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bar Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 pm 

We are evaluating changing our method from exporting 2D views for making drawings in another software, to incorporate the drawings in Revit using Sofistik for correct representation. Right now everything is pretty much simple, but we are having problems configuring the Schedule of bars in our Sheets. We need the Schedule to show the bars sort by diameter and not by mark. We know we can change the marks to make the Schedule show the information as we want, but that would be a manual process and it would take a lot of time. Is there any way to configure the Bar Shape Schedule to sort the bars by diameter and then incorporate it on Sheets?

Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Bar Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 am 

Hello Enrique,
In that case I would advise to use Revit schedules. They are much more flexible. You can filter a bar schedule by instance parameter SOF_sheet and sort the bars by diameter. Furthermore you can insert Rebar Shape Symbols (parameter image) with the SOFiSTiK command Shape Symbols / Create Images. You can see how it works in this video: https://youtu.be/OGPZSGqp_cM.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum. :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:46 pm 

Is there a way to show the images or sort by rebar shape, based on the american norms? Rebar shapes by shape only and length by parameter and not by actual length (see image attached).
How is the length calculated, based on the german code. Where can I get that code to review it and know hor to personalize the representation on the plugin. (German structural rebar coding, not programming coding :D )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:34 pm 

Hey Enrique,
Thanks for your interest in SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing.
>Is there a way to show the images or sort by rebar shape, based on the american norms?
You can add rebar shape images to Revit schedules using the command Create images (Just visible when the schedule is placed on a sheet). Actually we do not support an American standard in our schedules but we would welcome it to do so. :roller: Please write down your requirements based on the American norm and send it to support@sofistik.com.
>Rebar shapes by shape only and length by parameter and not by actual length (see image attached).
I am sorry but I could not find a picture. You can modify the shown length in the rebar shape details by changing units for reinforcement lengths from the Revit project units (Click Manage tab > Project Units > Discipline: Structural).

> How is the length calculated, based on the german code. Where can I get that code to review it and know hor to personalize the representation on the plugin. (German structural rebar coding, not programming coding )
You can find an explanation of the length calculation here: http://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2016/en/reinforcement_detailing/settings_dialog.html#tab-schedule

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum.

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de