SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shape Detail misbehaving
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 am 

Hi all,

we’re evaluating the new version of Sofistik RD for Revit, especially focusing on the shape detailing command. Apparently there seems to be some unexpected behaviour of this command.

1. Stirrups shape details not matching actual stirrup rebar shape.

Attachment:
01_StirrupNotWorking.PNG [75.11 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

As you can see in the image above, it happens (randomly) that the shape detail of a stirrup (eg: ISO shape 51) does not match the actual rebar shape, not representing the actual segment dimensions.

2. Stirrup shape details not updating when segment dimension are changed

Attachment:
02_StirrupSometimesWorking.png [492.41 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Given a correctly generated shape detail, when the rebar segment dimensions are changed the shape detail does not update neither automatically nor manually pushing the “update” button.
Even if the shape details are deleted and re-created, the dimensions shown remain the same based on the previous, not-updated, version of the rebar.

3. Circular Arc shaped rebar shape details varying information between ISO Methods

Attachment:
03_ArcMethodA-B.png [669.43 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Above, the two images represent the same rebar (iso shape 67) with different shape detail dimension varying between ISO 3766:2003 measuring Methods.
Considering Method A, the shape detail is generated correctly (the inner radius and length are correct and match the actual rebar dimensions), switching to Method B and updating, the shape detail is uncorrectly generated:
- the length may be correct, based on the midline of the bar;
- inner radius is wrong.

Are those cases already known to you? If so, are you already working on a solution? If not, will you provide one?

Awaiting response, thanks in advance.
Best regards

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 pm 

Hello,
Thank you for your request. Below you can find the answers to your three questions.

1. Stirrup shape 51 according to the standard should have filled parameter values in the parameters SOFiSTiK_A / B / C / D. Make sure your shape is recognised correctly. You can check the parameter SOFiSTiK_Shape.
Be aware that the link between the rebar and the rebar shape detail can be lost if you e.g. copy a rebar shape detail. Because of that please only generate shape details with the command. If you already did it that way, please find out by using which command the link gets lost. We cannot investigate that in the final project. If you need help for further investigations don’t hesitate to send your project to support@sofistik.com.
2. That can happen for various reasons. Your rebar shape is 99. Because of that, the rebar shape detail is generated individually for that rebar and has a specific family name with the GUID. If you erase it and create it again, the same family will be placed. Please identify which rebar shape detail is corrupt and erase it manually in the project browser (category detail elements). After that you should be able to place the correct rebar shape detail with the command.
3. Indeed, this is a bug inside the family. I already forwarded it to the product manager. It will be improved in future versions.

Hopefully that solves your issues and you enjoy using our software :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:07 pm 

bteutriene wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for your request. Below you can find the answers to your three questions.

1. Stirrup shape 51 according to the standard should have filled parameter values in the parameters SOFiSTiK_A / B / C / D. Make sure your shape is recognised correctly. You can check the parameter SOFiSTiK_Shape.
Be aware that the link between the rebar and the rebar shape detail can be lost if you e.g. copy a rebar shape detail. Because of that please only generate shape details with the command. If you already did it that way, please find out by using which command the link gets lost. We cannot investigate that in the final project. If you need help for further investigations don’t hesitate to send your project to support@sofistik.com.
2. That can happen for various reasons. Your rebar shape is 99. Because of that, the rebar shape detail is generated individually for that rebar and has a specific family name with the GUID. If you erase it and create it again, the same family will be placed. Please identify which rebar shape detail is corrupt and erase it manually in the project browser (category detail elements). After that you should be able to place the correct rebar shape detail with the command.

I've created every shape detail with the command. Those rebar are, indeed, the same shapecode (51), so the rebar in the first point should be recognized by SofistikRD like a shape 99, like the one of the second point (I'll check). Despite of that, why does the plugin not recognize shape 51?

bteutriene wrote:

3. Indeed, this is a bug inside the family. I already forwarded it to the product manager. It will be improved in future versions.

Hopefully that solves your issues and you enjoy using our software :D

Great, I'll look forward future updates!!

Also...since I'm here...
- Sometimes the shape details loose some detail lines (loosing the bar thickness...) of a random segment. It seems like a graphic bug, but it does not go away when rvt regenerates the view. Like so:

Attachment:
07_RebarMissingLine.PNG
07_RebarMissingLine.PNG [ 15.54 KiB | Viewed 6352 times ]

- Multiplanar freeforms will be treaten as 2D rebars..eg:
I realize a shape 21 with 90° hooks (21 1 1), go to edit sketch, activate freeform and set hooks orientation at +-90° out of plane (to mock a 98 shape). The shape details will be generated as a "flat" 21+hooks...I suppose that multiplanar shape details are not yet implemented? (I've seen you have a dedicated command to create 98 shapes..)

Best regards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:52 pm 

Hey,
I am sorry for my late reply.

Quote:
Despite of that, why does the plugin not recognize shape 51?

We recognize shape 51 when you choose the British Standard (BS 8666:2005) in the RCD settings. It is not recognized by the Eurocode.

Quote:
Sometimes the shape details loose some detail lines (loosing the bar thickness...)

We improved this behaviour with RCD 2018.5 and 2019.1 which will be published soon. Please update your software (maybe already next week) and use the updated families. If you need help now, please contact support@sofistik.com

Quote:
- Multiplanar freeforms will be treaten as 2D rebars..eg:
I realize a shape 21 with 90° hooks (21 1 1), go to edit sketch, activate freeform and set hooks orientation at +-90° out of plane (to mock a 98 shape). The shape details will be generated as a "flat" 21+hooks...I suppose that multiplanar shape details are not yet implemented? (I've seen you have a dedicated command to create 98 shapes..)

We do not support your workflow yet. Please use the command spacer for this purpose. This way rebar shape details can be generated. :dance1:
http://www.sofistik.de/documentation/20 ... pacer.html

Best regards

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de