SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 pm 

Hello
I’m trying to model reinforcement in double curved sidewalk of a bridge. Sidewalk is a part of a bridge as generic model generated from dynamo to RFA. I attached screenshots. Everything works fine untill hooks orientation of a spacers in distributed rebars.

I uploaded pictures to Google Drive here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

My workflow is:
1.I create rebar in a section as a sketch and then manually orient hooks at given angle (no. 1 on screen).
2.Then I can manually copy created rebar in section with 0.5m distance. Parameter “Geometry” in this rebar is 1=Free form.
3.Next I use script by Dieter Vermeulen from Autodesk to copy transversal reinforcement along path.
4.Rebar is distributed but parameter “Geometry” value is changed (to 0=Shape Driven) so new rebars are flat. Here is the problem. I can modify hooks by declarate only Left/Right values.
5.I tried to change the value of integer Geometry parameter back to =1 by Dynamo nodes but without success. The parameter is read-only.
6.I tried to use python script as you see but without success.

My investigations:
I read documentation for rebar class from Revit API and I think it is possible from that level to change orientation hooks.
To do that I should change the creation method of a rebars (draw each individually by dynamo).

I’ve been struggeling for 2 days to do it by my self but after reading some documentation I think I’m not able to do it without deep understanding of Revit Api. Other discussions ansure me that it’s to hard for me yet:

I posted the same text in dynamobim.com
Title of the post:
"Hook orientation of the spacer in double curved bridge sidewalk generic model"
On this forum I can't post urls so you can open them from the dynamobim.com post

I can’t upload files because of company politics but I will try to answer all questions.

Can anyone find sulution?

Attachments:
3D view.PNG [89.03 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 am 

Hey Tadeusz,
have you tried to freeze the rebar before you copy it? Frozen Rebars shouldn't change their geometry.

Please let me know if it works. If not I'll consult a colleague to find a solution for this problem.