SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: layer symbol flexibility
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 am 

is there any way to move the location of layer flags on a rebar? I know it is set at 1/5th of the rebar length, but that will never do when detailing a structure, shouldn't we have some handles to move them? (I know about start or end of the rebar).

Attachments:
sofistik 3.JPG
sofistik 3.JPG [ 38.57 KiB | Viewed 5670 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am 

Hey @cristi,
Thank you for your request. Actually it is not possible to move the symbols of this detail family. But if you want you can make some simple changes to the family.

1. You can remove the formula of the instance parameter LayerFlag_offset. Set a default value for all family types. After loading the family back to the project including parameter overwrite you can change the value as desired.
Attachment:
File comment: Parameter LayerFlag_offset
2018-01-15_09-23-25.jpg
2018-01-15_09-23-25.jpg [ 266.95 KiB | Viewed 5667 times ]

2. With a bigger modification of the family by adding reference planes you receive shape handles in the project to move the symbols freely. :dance1:
Attachment:
File comment: reference plane
2018-01-15_09-22-51.jpg [139.63 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Hopefully this solves your issue. If you have further questions don't hesitate to open a new post.

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am 

Ok, I tried that, option 1 works fine. I also tried option 2 and messed up a little with reference planes but couldn't make it to work as I wanted. For now it's fine, I'm not that experienced in Revit anyway, it's a good thing that it can be done.

Anyway, after reverting all the changes I did, I keep getting some license errors (I don't know if it related to me messing up with Sofistik families or not). I get the message like my license expired. I signed out/signed in, shut off the Revit, opened it again, I still get that message from time to time. I comes up, I hit esc and it works (I don't have to re-sign in, it just goes away for 2-3 actions...). Did I break it? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 am 

Hey christi,
I am pleased to hear that the first option works. If you need a training for Revit families your are welcomed to join one of our trainings. We also offer them in english language in your office.

In order to solve your license problems please contact support@sofistik.com for further investigations.

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm 

Yeah, I definitely broke it. Until I get an answer from support, what can I do to completely uninstall and reinstall Sofistik so the problem will go away? (I assume a reinstall will clear all changes I might have made to Sofistik families). I already tried a reinstall via Sofistik Application Manager but I still get the license error (I do have a valid license and a steady good internet connection).

Thank you.