SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:50 am 

Hi all!

While opening/working on a quite huge file, around 300 MB, with structural and rebar elements and worksets in it, the error shown below appears after "Cancel" is pressed during regeneration, otherwise Revit loops on regeneration (or it takes a very large amount of time) and the file is unusable. It is sofistik rd's "fault" or what else? Is there a solution?

NOTE: if opening the same file on workstations without sofistik the file struggles to open, but it succeeds, without looping on regeneration.

Best regards, thanks in advance.

Attachments:
REGENERATE.PNG
REGENERATE.PNG [ 7.29 KiB | Viewed 15508 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:37 am 

Hello,
This is a known issue and should be fixed with RCD 2015 UR3. The broken element is in the family "SOFiSTiK_Detail_RebarSet". If this is manually deleted from the project (open it on a PC without RCD) then everything works as usual. Even the command "Hide and tag“ which re-loads the family works without this error.

Please make sure you are using the current version:
- SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing 2015
- SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing 2016

Does that solve your issue?

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 am 

Hello Bjorn,

Thanks for the answer, and pardon me for not answering for such a long time. I may have seen that a new version has been released, but is it the one you're talking about? If so I'll update it asap.

For the rest of your post, sincerely, I didn't understand it so much... :) I'll try to say it "on my own":

Actually, it may happen that I open the "file with RCD" on a PC who has not your plugin installed...and I've noticed that on such machine it won't stuck on regenaration. When I come back on a PC with RCD installed, the pain begins...

...so:

In order to fix that I should open the "file with RCD" on a PC without RCD and delete the family you're talking about, did I get it right? And then it would be permanently fixed. But what if this family is nedeed?

What about Hide&Tag?

Thanks in advance, my best regards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:54 pm 

Hello giocim,
Quote:
I may have seen that a new version has been released, but is it the one you're talking about? If so I'll update it asap.

Yes, first please download and install the latest version of RCD 2015 via Autodesk App Store. You have to uninstall your current version first. That does not affect your license.

Quote:
In order to fix that I should open the "file with RCD" on a PC without RCD and delete the family you're talking about, did I get it right?

Right, please delete the family "SOFiSTiK_Detail_RebarSet" via the Project Browser >Detail Items. Then all instances will be deleted.

Quote:
And then it would be permanently fixed. But what if this family is nedeed? What about Hide&Tag?

When using the command Hide and Tag missing families will be loaded again and the error should not appear further more. Make sure you have installed the current version before doing that.

BiMOTiON GmbH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:30 am 

Hi there Bjorn,

Yesterday I was working on my file, when this error came out of nowhere:

"An internal error occurred. The command cannot be continued. Please contact our support hotline. Exception message: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto. A transaction or sub-transaction was opened but not closed. All changes to the active document made by External Command will be discarded."

The window closes, the command is discarded and I'm back to the initial point. I thought it was the time to try to solve the problem of the infinite regeneration loop and that it may be linked to the error reported above... so I deleted the faulty family as you suggested, but now a weird thing happens: I run "hide and tag" and...the error pops up again!

So I clicked on Settings icon to reload the families in order to have them in v. 2016.2...as usual a popup asks me to reload. Everything is fine, until I click "yes": back to the start! No way out...I even tried to reload the whole content from "Miscellaneous" (avoiding the prompt to update families to 2016.2 and succeeding in opening the settings window...)...guess what? Again that message.

What's happening...? :( :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:10 am 

Hello giocim,
Please send your Revit project together with the description of your issue and a link to your article in this forum to our support: support@sofistik.com
It is very difficult to make a statement without the project.

BiMOTiON GmbH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 pm 

Hello Bjorn,

I know it's difficult, but I may not be able to send you the rvt project file, I should ask my Superior.

I would like to know, however, if it may be caused by Rvt itself or what else...I may think of a rvt file corruption...but honestly I don't know what to think.

I'll update you asap.

My best regards.
Thanks!

EDIT: I've been allowed to send you the rvt. I'll upload it on WeTransfer because of its size...

EDIT2: Sent! Let me know. Best regards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:12 pm 

And now I got this:

"Autodesk.Revit.Exceptions.InternalException: A managed exception was thrown by Revit or by one of its external applications. in Autodesk.Revit.DB.Transaction.Commit() in (Document ) in SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.SOFRCD_Transaction.End(Document rvtDoc) in SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.SofReinforcementCache..ctor(Document rvtDoc) in (Document ) in SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.SofReinforcementCache.instance(Document rvtDoc) in (Document ) in SOFiSTiK.Revit.Reinforcement.SOFRCD_Transaction.End(Document rvtDoc) in (UpdateRebars , ExternalCommandData , String& , ElementSet )A transaction or sub-transaction was opened but not closed. All changes to the active document made by External Command will be discarded."

When trying to update (using the command update, in sofistik rcd) in order to update the bending details...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am 

giocim wrote:
in order to update the bending details...

Hello there, I'm still working on the file: I tried to make some new bending details...it doesn't work and the error reported 4 posts above came out again...I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the bending detail family...