SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Create new shape
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 pm 

Hi, i have a problem with creation new rebar shape. When i use the default shape of sofistik, the command "Rebar shape detail" work very well, but when i use the same command with a shape created by me in revit it doesn't work. sofistik doesn't recorgnize the new shape. so how i can create a new rebar shape that work well also in sofistik? thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Post subject: Re: Create new shape
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 am 

Dear Stefano,
thanks for your question. In version 2016.2 we solved your issue and can create rebar shape details for any shape. It will be released approximately in one month. In the meantime I would suggest that you copy an existing rebar shape detail and manipulate + rename the family manually. The new version will be available via Autodesk Exchange Apps Store.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum. :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm 

Thanks, but i don't understand all the steps. i have to create a rebar shape like this:

Attachments:
rebar.JPG
rebar.JPG [ 80.55 KiB | Viewed 8984 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:47 pm 

this shape there isn't in the default list of sofistik. I've tried to modify an existing shape of sofistik but it doesn't work. sofistik doesn't recorgnize all the parameters of revit, i have five parameters (A,B,C,D,E), but i have only SOFISTIK_A,SOFISTIK_B,SOFISTIK_C while SOFISTIK_D and SOFISTIK_F are blank. whwn i try to use the command "rebar shape detail" it doesn't work (error message). if i make a shedule i see the shape right with all the measures and with the right shape code "99". how can i make a detail rebar family shape that works well? can you explain me all the right steps?
thank you very much!

Attachments:
File comment: parameters
sofistik 1.JPG [104.66 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: error command "rebar shape detail"
sofistik 3.JPG
sofistik 3.JPG [ 40.03 KiB | Viewed 8984 times ]
File comment: the final schedule is right
sofistik 2.JPG
sofistik 2.JPG [ 71.82 KiB | Viewed 8984 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 am 

Dear Stefano,
at first you have to make a rebar shape detail of a known rebar shape, e.g. a rectangular one. Activate this detail family and click on Edit family. Now you can draw and dimension your needed rebar shape detail. Save and rename it under a different name and load it back to your project. The label can be created with simple texts. Of course that are no smart elements but actually it's the only way until the next update.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum. :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de