SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 am 

I would like to have the same Tag referencing 2 or more rebars at the same time, so that instead of having a 1ΦX for every bar with the same ID number, I'd have, for instance, 2 2Φ16. I know this is possible from watching your tutorials, however, I can't seem to make it work at all. I attached an example in the picture below.

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Revit 2014 does contain a tool for Multi Rebar Tagging, however, not only this tool force us to place a Dimension object, its Tag's family properties (I'm talking about the Label parameter Count) are exclusive and cannot (as far as I know) be shared with Sofistik Tag families, which means, I cannot use the Sofistik function "Tag All" or "Tag Missing" to tag all the rebars, a function which is invaluable to me and one of the main reasons that justify using Sofistik.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:35 am 

Hello
I would like to recommend the following two things:

First: In your example the longitudinal rebars seems to be four separate single rebars. I recommend to work with the "Layout Rule" parameter of the rebar set. Change it for your example from "Single" to "Fixed Number" with a quantity of 2. So it will be possible to get the tag with 2#16.

Second: It is also possible to use the new Multi-Rebar Annotation with the command "Tag All". It's using this kind of tag for the "Short Annotation". Please play a bit with the settings shown in the screen capture to find your favorite annotation style.

I hope that helps... please don't hesitate to post a reply with further questions.

Roland

Attachments:
File comment: Annotation example
Tag.png
Tag.png [ 30.57 KiB | Viewed 10579 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 pm 

Thank you for your help. This solution does indeed solve the issue I presented, however, it has an unfortunate side-effect: since I often use the "Revit Extensions" plug-in to quickly model the rebar, I have to manually change the configurations of each bar so that the tags work accordingly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:40 am 

Hello,
thanks for your question. In version 2016 we now solved your issue and can group single rebars to a container which can be counted and tagged as one unit. You can get a first impression of that new feature in this video.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum. :D

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 am 

Hello,

I already tried the solution that you present in previously comments, but i can't solve my situation. The rebar has modeled like a "Fixed Number" but when i try to tag it, sofistik tags each rebar and not the group.

In settings i defined the "Annotation Families" with the family that i mentioned before:

The problem is: Sofistik tag all the rebar by category instead of a multi-rebar. So, how can i solve this problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 am 

Dear Ajay,
I think you can solve your issue by changing the maximum number of bars for single annotation (like you have tagged with the lower longitudinal rebars) to "1". In that case the Short Annotation with a Multi-Rebar-Annotation will be used in your example automatically (screenshot added).

Actually there is a known issue with tagging of rebar container in beams and we hope that Autodesk will fix that with the next Update Release. A workaround for tagging container / rebar sets is to tag them with the tool tag by category.

I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions don't hesitate to answer or open a new thread in our forum. :D

Attachments:
29-06-2015 13-31-08.jpg
29-06-2015 13-31-08.jpg [ 100.33 KiB | Viewed 9017 times ]

BiM Consultant | Application Engineer
BiMOTiON GmbH

http://www.bimotion.de