SOFiSTiK Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Early age cracks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm 

Hi

Could anyone please give me some advice about determining the risk of crack developement at early age... ?
After modeling a structure in SOFIMSHA (2D section of a slab cast onto ground modeled with layers of QUAD elements), and getting the developement of temperature and effective age, I would like to progress with determining the state of stresses within the slab and determining the risk of cracking for each time step. However, I have no idea where and how to start. I know that this should be done in ASE somehow and that's all...

First of all, how to determine the time developement of concrete's tensile strength and modulus of elasticity due to temperature if using QUAD elements (i failed to find any referece in the ASE help material). Is there a posibility of viewing the values (time dependant fctm and Ecm and effective age) for example in the report browser? Second problem would be defining the temperature of hydration as a load applied to the structure. How to compare the state of stresses coming from heating during hydration in each time step with the current strength values in order to determine the risk of cracking?

How does the program take into consideration the humidity, vapor, shrinkage, creep for the case of early age cracking? Is there a manual with all the theory background, please?

Many thanks for any comments.
Lydia